Thursday, June 7, 2012

Finishing touches: kit bag

The Urban Explorer's Kit Bag is almost finished. Today I've created the casing and buttonholes for the top closure of the bag and added a shoulder strap. I've used a spring toggle to hold the cord, but if you can't find a spring toggle at your local haberdashery store you can simply tie the cord in a bow to close the bag when you draw the top together. Lastly, I added small brass bells to the ends of the cord as a nod to the bell that the boy finds attached to The Lost Thing in the book and animated movie.
If you would like the pattern and complete instructions for making this bag, please come back to this blog on Tuesday, June 12, 2012, to see photos of the finished project and get the instructions for how to download the free PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.