Friday, June 1, 2012

Practical printmaking

Today I attended an art class at Culture at Work, where we were learning to make prints using foam sheets. The technique is to draw quite heavily on the foam with an ordinary pencil, making deep gouges in the surface, then roll on ink and print onto paper in the same way as a lino print. I haven't done this type of printmaking since high school, and I was quite pleased with my effort. So pleased, in fact, that I'm selling the three copies I made in my Etsy shop.

The image is a freehand drawing based on a photograph in today's newspaper. I've called it Steelwork.

Culture at Work runs art classes featuring all sorts of art techniques on Wednesday mornings at 10.30. It's located in Pyrmont, Sydney. Click on the link to the website for more details and join us if you live nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.