Thursday, September 6, 2012

Every hatbox has a lining

I've sent you to Marinni's LiveJournal page before, for gorgeous vintage hat and hatbox images. That's where I got this inspirational pic for a hatbox lining. Mine will perhaps not be quite so fancy because I have to allow for the fitting of the lid on my papier mâché box.

For my lining, I'm going to recycle some crinkly silk-look fabric from an old favourite skirt whose seams have passed their use-by date. This will be applied to a cardboard insert cut to fit inside the lid and base of the box, as well as inside the barrel of the box. I'll use paper inside the rim of the lid, to save thickness and make sure that the lid still fits on the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.