Thursday, July 19, 2012

Decorating the landscape

The embroidery for the Map of the Future visual journal cover is almost done. I've used fairly simple embroidery stitches, and kept details to a minimum: waterways, major roads, parks and bushland. I'm tempted to add signposts to my favourite cafés, bookshops and cinemas, but I might find that the map is complicated enough by the time I've finished all the little French knot trees.
There will be instructions in the pattern detailing which colours and stitches I used, including photographs showing how to do the embroidery stitches. Keep an eye out here on my blog, or sign up in the sidebar to receive an email when the pattern is available in my etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share with me? Please tell me what you're thinking.